On Saturday I finally finished the Girly Bag!
The knitting was pretty fast and simple for this bag. My problem came with adding the lining and trying to figure out what to do about the hem. With the help of some friends, I decided that I would hand-stitch the hem to the body of the bag so it wouldn’t lift up when I used the handles. I had this great idea that I would just use some ribbon on the outside of the bag to cover my stitching. I didn’t know how poorly I would do; I couldn’t keep the stitching straight & even! I’ll bring this on Tuesday for anyone who wants to see it, although I’m a bit embarrassed for anyone to look too closely at it :)
I really like this purple lining. It goes well with the purple ribbon in the yarn.
* I used Berroco Bonsai instead of Berroco Glace. I also put the flower at the bottom of the bag because of the ribbon I added to the top.